Don’t throw away your plastic Easter eggs! Save them to create this fantastic fizzy activity.
This activity will blow your kids minds! It’s so much fun and teaches them so much about chemical reactions, colours and grip.
What you need
- Empty plastic eggs
- An egg box
- A plastic tray
- Droppers/medicine syringe/teaspoon (any of these will do)
- Bicarbonate Soda
- Vinegar (white is best)
- Food colouring or paint
- Small cups
*this is best outdoors or on a covered surface. Colours may stain hands and clothes. Do not allow your child to put Bicarbonate Soda in their mouths, because of this I recommend this activity for 2 year olds and above.
How to create your experiment!
- Pop your open eggs into the egg carton
- Fill the eggs half way with the Bicarbonate Soda
- In your cups, pour in some vinegar and a small amount of food colouring
- Pop the carton and cups, with your droppers, into the tray
- Allow your children to suck up some vinegar with the droppers and squirt it onto the bicarbonate soda
- Watch the magic happen!