Here’s a quick one for you all created by the wonderful Brooke at Little Messy Learners Hobart, DIY Cocoa Moondough!
How to make your very own cocoa Moondough! We have used this recipe a few times in our messy play classes, especially for our cooking station and vegetable gardens. It goes down a treat with the little ones 🙂
Moondough is a great sensory base and provides hours of fun! The dough can be powdery one minute, and then completely mouldable the next. So satisfying! Learn how to recreate the recipe below.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Pour your flour into a large bowl
- Add cocoa powder and stir well
- Create a crater in the middle of mixture
- Pour oil into the crater
- Gently mix it all together (You can add more oil to mixture to create a wet and more mouldable dough texture!)
There you have it! Your very own child safe Moondough. There are so many ways to play with this recipe and it can be personalised to suit your little one! You can use food colouring to make your dough any colour you wish, opening the door to so many possibilities!
Book a class today – https://littlemessylearners.com.au//franchise/hobart/